For those seeking the ultimate protection from the elements, there is no better choice than the Gath RV Retractable Visor. Equipped with a full-face retractable shatterproof visor offering you 98% UV protection, this popular helmet is perfect for a whole range of water sports, extreme sports and professional activities including surfing and windsurfing, jet skiing, kite boarding, white water sports, sky diving, sea rescue and many more. It’s ideal for those who want protection from the sun and water spray. It also offers a bit more warmth than other Gath helmets.
The Gath RV Retractable Visor helmet is build to offer you protection and comfort, without getting in the way of your enjoyment. The adjustable Audio Vents, Neoprene Headband, Anti Rash sleeve and comfortable chin strap all ensure your helmet sits snug and safe, without getting in your way.
The protective storage bag keeps your helmet safe when not in use.
- Weighs 460-510 grams.
- Comes with a smoke visor as standard, but you can order a clear visor by clicking here. Smoke visors are ideal for sunny days. Clear tint visors are more suited to overcast cloudy days for improved vision and provide ideal protection against stinging salt water spray.
- The shatterproof visor will remain fixed and firm wherever it is set.
- Visor is made from high impact shatterproof polycarbonate plastic (PC).
- Provides protection from constant surf or ocean spray and sun/water glare which can make things difficult.
- Ideal for those who get sore, red eyes from the water or wind.
- Reduces the likelihood of skin/eye damage to upper face and eyes due to harmful UV rays of the sun.
- The shell of the helmet is the same as the Neo but there’s more impact protection than the classic Neo for the upper face and eyes due to the visor protection.
- Many claim this is the warmest model due to the visor protection and because it does not have removable ear protectors, so there’s more coverage than other models.
- Chosen by: Surfers, windsurfers, surf kayakers, wave skiers, water skiers, sailing and yachting sports enthusiasts, boaters, riverboarders, freefalling skydivers, PWC operators, kitesurfers
Will it bucket with the visor down and does the visor crack? There is little to no bucketing of water even when the visor is completely down and going feet first into the water. The RV has been tested in many extreme surf and whitewater situations since 1992 and we’ve not had negative feedback! The visor is made from quality high impact shatterproof polycarbonate plastic (PC) that provides more than 98% UV protection. The early Gath RV helmets had drilled hinge holes and a small number developed fatigue across the holes resulting in a small portion of the visor end coming off but caused no problems to the performance of the product or danger to the wearer. Since 1997 the hinge holes have been moulded eliminating the early model fatigue point. In very rare occasions visors made from PC may develop a small crack for unknown reasons but do not shatter and have proved to be a safe material for sports visors.
Gath RV size chart
Gath have changed the way their RVs are sized. If you can’t find your size in stock, check out our older stock by clicking here.
This sizing chart will help you choose the perfect Gath RV helmet for your head size. Please note that it is provided as a guide only, as head shapes will vary. The correct place to measure your head is mid forehead, just above your ears.
|S||Up to 555 mm|
|L||560 – 580mm|
|XL||585 – 595 mm|
When fitting this helmet, make sure it can’t be removed from your head or rolled excessively backward or forward. It should fit snugly and provide maximum stability.
If there is a bit of forward movement then you can place a neoprene padding strip (125mm x 25mm x5-10mm) under the liner. Simply lift the helmet liner underneath the headband and carefully insert the padding strip. Replace the liner, pushing it snugly into place. Test the fit and add or remove padding as needed. You can do this for the Neo too.
Gath RV specifications
Like all of our helmets, the Gath RV is made from quality materials manufactured to the strictest specifications. Each helmet is built for durability and backed by our generous 3-year manufacturer’s warranty. We only use materials that are designed to stand up to the harsh climatic conditions that our helmets were intended for!
The Gath RV helmet includes the following design features:
- Comfort straps: Multi impact, non-water absorbent foam.
- Fittings: Custom built screws and rivets made from strong non-corrosive, salt water resistant materials.
- Headband: 10mm thick multi impact, non-water absorbent foam.
- Liner: Multi impact, non-water absorbent foam.
- Peaks: UV stable, shatterproof, flexible, durable plastic.
- Retention system：Uses non-stretch standards approved webbing, standards approved quick release buckles for a secure retention and nylon coated non-water absorbent foam for added comfort.